Mt Anne - Shelf Camp & Lonely Tarns circuit walker registration
Tue Dec 20 2022 at 12:00 am to Wed Dec 21 2022 at 12:00 amUTC+11:00
Mount Anne | Southwest, TS
About this Event
Registrations are open up to 6 months in advance.
By registering for your walk you are helping the Parks and Wildlife Service to reduce the potential for long-term damage to fragile remote bush walking environments by limiting daily departures. Many sites do not have capacity to accommodate additional walkers who are camping due to the terrain and remote location.
Maximum departures for Mt Anne - Shelf Camp & Lonely Tarns circuit is 12 people daily. You only need to register for your day of departure. This includes walkers not completing the full Circuit but are staying at Shelf camp and returning via the Eliza Plateau.
If you are no longer going, please cancel your registration. This allows others to register for this walk. You will find instructions on how to cancel your registration in your confirmation email.
To make the most of your trip and ensure you are well prepared please read our Safety in Parks information and follow the Leave No Trace Principles.
All walkers must carry a quality tent (3-4 season rating with inner and outer layer).
A valid national parks pass is required. This can be purchased in advance online via this link.
IMPORTANT NOTES FOR MT ANNE:
· Walking the Mt Anne Circuit is an impressive achievement for those experienced in remote wilderness bushwalking who are confident navigating serious heights, steep cliffs, rock scrambling, pack hauling and extreme weather.
· Registration is for walkers wishing to camp on the Mt Anne Circuit and includes camping at Shelf Camp and Lonely Tarns.
· The Mt Anne Circuit is a highly advanced multiday Grade 5 - wilderness track and is considered to be more challenging than other multi-day walks in Tasmania such as the Overland Track and Frenchmans Cap. Walkers should gain experience in other walks in Tasmania before attempting this walk.
· There is a section on this walk called the Notch which has been the site of many rescues and even fatalities, it is recommended to carry approx. 15m of pack hauling rope to use on this section.
· Weather can deteriorate rapidly and failure to make good decisions on this walking track may lead to serious injury or even death.
· Phones are not to be relied upon. It is recommended to take a PLB. Navigation skills using a map and compass are required as the track is not clearly marked in many places.
· There are no huts on this track other than the High Camp Hut located below the Eliza Plateau. This is an emergency shelter only.
· Only VERY experienced walkers should attempt this track.
Where is it happening?Mount Anne, Mt Anne - Shelf Camp & Lonely Tarns circuit, Southwest, Australia
Event Location & Nearby Stays: